Similar to the Low Poly, this design doesn’t take a lot of technical skill to produce some great work!
ASSIGNMENT 7-1 Line Art
You may not be a great freehand artist, but Adobe Illustrator can help you overcome that. In this lesson you will learn how to create line art by using the overshoot method. This takes practice, so pay attention and work to get better.
Downloads Needed In the next tutorial video Aaron will use some images found in your LESSON FILES on the left.
PRACTICE You are now going to use the overshootPractice1 illustrator document, found in the LESSON FILES, to practice what you have learned. You will save the screenshot as LastFirstLine1.
PROJECT: Now you are going to create your own line art illustration. You can do one of the following:
- Line Art portrait (yourself, fan art, pet, flowers, car, etc)
- Avoid cartoons or anime unless it’s original and new.
- Avoid doing brands and logos
- It must be in color! If you want a black/white version you can make it but also include a color one.
- Effort & Creativity go a long ways
- You can research line-art illustrations to get some ideas.